All done!

So here it is. I have finished my Simplicity 2741 toile made of left over fabrics. True to form it wasn’t all plain sailing. The aspects I had been anxious about – the collar and cuffs – were a breeze, but my machine decided it didn’t like cuff button holes today and went on strike. After a little perseverance and a cup of coffee I got it sorted before adding the buttons and it’s done.
I’m not sure it’s a shirt that’ll be worn much, but it proved the sizing is fairly accurate for my hubby. When I make him another one I’ll just make the arms half an inch longer to be perfect.
Hope you like!








Collar Creation

Despite not getting home until 7.30 tonight, and finishing tea just before 9, tonight I have managed another hour on my Simplicity 2741 shirt. This evening I have mastered the collar!
This is my first attempt at making a shirt so I’m really pleased that the collar was much simpler to sew than I had expected. Next step sleeves and cuffs!