Red Ruby

This is my second attempt at the Ruby dress pattern that came free with Love Sewing magazine. I didn’t get around to blogging about the first one. I made it with some great African print fabric from a friend of mine. It’s lovely to wear, but there are a few niggles I’m not happy with, but only I would know about them.
This time I am nearer to happy. I adjusted the pattern so that the skirt fits the top (last time I added some pleats to put them together) and I took more care over the zip and hem. The fit is better immediately (I worked from the muslin I made and drew on initially) although I think some adjustments to the arm holes next time.

Can’t wait to wear it tomorrow.