All done!

So here it is. I have finished my Simplicity 2741 toile made of left over fabrics. True to form it wasn’t all plain sailing. The aspects I had been anxious about – the collar and cuffs – were a breeze, but my machine decided it didn’t like cuff button holes today and went on strike. After a little perseverance and a cup of coffee I got it sorted before adding the buttons and it’s done.
I’m not sure it’s a shirt that’ll be worn much, but it proved the sizing is fairly accurate for my hubby. When I make him another one I’ll just make the arms half an inch longer to be perfect.
Hope you like!

20140614-174727-64047329.jpg

20140614-174726-64046984.jpg

20140614-174727-64047635.jpg

20140614-174728-64048624.jpg

20140614-174728-64048304.jpg

20140614-174727-64047969.jpg

Advertisements

Collar Creation

Despite not getting home until 7.30 tonight, and finishing tea just before 9, tonight I have managed another hour on my Simplicity 2741 shirt. This evening I have mastered the collar!
This is my first attempt at making a shirt so I’m really pleased that the collar was much simpler to sew than I had expected. Next step sleeves and cuffs!

20140610-222521-80721964.jpg

20140610-222522-80722309.jpg